Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
The Town received four proposals by the deadline which was October 11th. We will review the proposals and determine which firms to interview. We hope to have a selection completed by the end of October.
Windsor Locks Economic and Industrial Development Commission
Windsor Locks GIS Mapping
Connecticut Main Street Program
Windsor Locks Town Government
Windsor Locks Preservation Association
Windsor Locks Public Library
Windsor Locks Middle School
New Haven - Hartford - Springfield Commuter Rail Study
Windsor Locks Senior Center
Windsor Locks Canal
Windsor Locks Canal Trail
The Dexter Corporation
Saturday, October 13, 2007
As you visualize a successful Main Street area in the future what qualities or characteristics will it possess – how will it look, feel and function?
What does the community identify as its downtown and why is downtown important to the Windsor Locks Community?
What are the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (S.W.O.T analysis) for the Windsor Locks Main Street area?
We invite you to begin to think about these questions so as to help guide appropriate planning and enhancement efforts on the part of the Town, its Boards and Commissions, local civic and non-profit organizations, and interested residents.
We are currently in the process of selected a firm with design and planning capabilities to help develop a strategic master plan for the Main Street area.
Why develop a strategic master plan?
- We have a mile-long primarily one-sided Main Street.
- We have an important small business and commercial district with approximately 70 establishments calling this area home.
- We have Town Hall, the Public Library, a school, the Post Office, and a Senior Center in this area.
- We have the Windsor Locks Canal Trail along the Connecticut River and Pesci Park for residents to enjoy.
- We have hundreds of residents living in a wide range of housing types within walking distance of these businesses, government and community facilities and recreational venues.
- We have historical assets such as the old Amtrak Station, the Montgomery Building and Memorial Hall.
So how do we tie these all together into a cohesive whole? Are there any pieces to the puzzle missing?
Feel free to submit suggestions, recommendations and comments via this blog or you can send an e-mail to email@example.com. We will keep you posted as to future community forums on this topic.